5-9-2013
 « Re: 1996 Accord Coupe build (96accordlx)« » Reply  Edit

Keep up the Good Work

maxwellmercer

143 posts [100%]
South Burbs Il
11-23-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Good to see an overlooked chassis build! In for more.

johnnyblayne

242 posts [100%]
The Town
2-25-2013
 « « » Reply  Edit

looking good so far. any plans to drop a swap in?
Barbaric

CBURKE

2850 posts [100%]
Brandon FL
3-6-2008
 « « » Reply  Edit

Nice work man!

TealEJ2

111 posts [100%]
Killeen Tx
2-13-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Great start not sure about the exhaust tips but good

CharlieMurphy

73 posts [100%]
Jonesboro Ga
6-14-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Nice work so far

Fast + Reliable= Won't be cheap
Fast + Cheap = Won't be reliable
Cheap + Reliable= Won't be fast

You can only pick 2... so choose wisely

96accordlx

104 posts [100%]
Chino Hills CA
6-29-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

Thanks everyone.

For the exhaust, the goal is to keep it looking as OEM as possible. The 5th Gen Accord EXs came from the factory with a dual tip muffler (LXs like mine came with a single tip). That is why I got the dual tip Magnflow. The muffler is going to be painted flat black as well, leaving just the tips polished.

Picture of said EX exhaust:

As for an engine swap......not for a while. The plan is to do a H22 transmission swap next year (currently automatic. Its pretty much a direct bolt on to my F22, plus it has shorter gearing). I will swap in an H eventually, but not for at least a few years, or if my current engine goes boom.

The Accord Collective

IG: hooligan_accord

TealEJ2

111 posts [100%]
Killeen Tx
2-13-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

Ok now I see can't wait to see more

FALCO

116 posts [100%]
Miami FL
8-15-2012
 « « » Reply  Edit

I daily the same accord but a sedan, it's an awesome car.

Rarely see them modded down here.
Yours is coming together awesome man, makes me want to mod mine lol.

My EBP EM1 "build"

ig: @falcofalco

96accordlx

104 posts [100%]
Chino Hills CA
6-29-2010
 « Re: (FALCO)« » Reply  Edit

Thank you!

Every December in Florida they have a big Accord meet. Its called AFM (Accord Florida Meet). I know its got a big attendance....last year was 80-100 Accords I think.

The Accord Collective

96accordlx

104 posts [100%]
Chino Hills CA
6-29-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

Well, not much has changed with the car. I decided to postpone putting on some parts for a couple reasons. First being I have to smog the car in November. I decided it would be less of a hassle to smog without the DC header and exhaust (some smog techs are pretty anal about modded cars). So most of the parts will go on first of the year.

But while the parts were just sitting in the garage, I figured I might as well get them to my liking.

I first decided to refinish my DC header. As most people know, they have a problem cracking at the primaries. This one was no different. Previous owner had repaired it though, but it was ugly. Also the header was just all around beat up with scratches. Decided I didn't want it looking like that on my car. Sanded down the header with 600 grit sandpaper. Then sprayed it with high heat primer and VHT flat silver ceramic header paint. Pretty happy with how it turned out, looks brand new minus the deep scratches.

Before:

After:

For my Magnaflow muffler, it had a little bit of rust and some scratches, so I figured I might as well paint it as well. Plus I wanted the muffler to look more low key (no shiny stainless steel flashing in the light) and stock-like, minus the larger dual tips. I again used high heat primer and this time along with high heat flat black paint. Just need to polish the tips a bit.

Before:

After:

I also repaired and restored my JDM window visors. A couple of the clips had broken off, so they were re-attached. From years in the sun the outer finish of the visors had become dull, so I had them polished back to their original finish.

And lastly, I did some thinking, and since I was planning on upgrading the brakes, I figured why settle for just a single piston caliper upgrade? Why not go bigger.....say a 4-piston caliper?

They are OEM Advics calipers off an '05+ Acura RL. I bought them from a friend of mine, along with the brackets to mount them to my car. The calipers were fully stripped and rebuilt, along with the blue powdercoat finish. And I already confirmed my wheels will fit with no clearance issues.

Be on the lookout for another update in Dec/Jan, when most of these parts will go on the car.

The Accord Collective

96accordlx

104 posts [100%]
Chino Hills CA
6-29-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

Finally got my rotors back from getting re-drilled.....did a quick mock up just to verify that everything would go together with no issues (since I'm the first running this caliper/rotor setup who is 4-lug). Will be getting installed next Friday or Saturday.

The Accord Collective

First  < 1 2 3 4 >  Last

» Return to Build threads