1996 Accord Coupe buildFirst  < 2 3 4   Last
Author Post

96accordlx

104 posts [100%]
Chino Hills CA
6-29-2010
 « Re: (96accordlx)« » Reply  Edit

New year, more updates.

Snagged a complete USDM intake manifold, since the one that came with the motor was missing a good amount of crap. Since I plan on BAR'ing the car, it was easier to just spend a bit extra for a complete piece than try and hunt for all the little bits.

And with it being my birthday a few days ago, I decided to splurge on a new Transmission.....grabbed an M2B4 from a Prelude Type S. Will be dropping it off at Synchrotech for inspection and rebuild in the next week or so.

Also picked up these AEM Tru-power pulleys for basically free. With brand new belts. Not sure if I'm gonna run them or not.

and also some 100% complete OEM clear fog lights

[img]http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz300/96accordlx/My%20car/20170104_000042_zpsmwpbhasg.jpg[img]

And lastly an exhaust update. Just sold my Magnaflow catback today that I built 2 years ago. While I loved it, it was just a temporary exhaust. Sounded great.

Going to be welding up an OEM Prelude midpipe I have, along with this OG Stromung exhaust I acquired .Should be a lot quieter for DD duties. Plus, it will look great.

Oh, and I also bought a 5th Gen Prelude Thermal R&D catback for $75. I have wanted this exhaust for 5 years now. The Accord catback has been discontinued for like 10 years, and hardly anyone had one. However they were much more popular for Preludes. Gonna store this one until my swap and throw it on when I put on the FGK header. I did some measuring and the Prelude exhaust is almost identical to the Accords. the 90 degree bends are the exact same, just the piping after the cat and before the muffler varies in length. Super easy mod.

Stay tuned for more!

The Accord Collective

IG: hooligan_accord

jap-society

2291 posts [100%]
belgium
10-17-2009

Love the strutbars man
K-EG project car and daily EG4

Downstar | Checkerd Sports | Hybrid Racing | J's Racing | Spoon Sports | Mugen | C-west | Chargespeed | ...

IG; japsociety

Darkcloud

215 posts [100%]
Some where lost CA
1-4-2010
 « « » Reply  Edit

Sup man, didn't know you were on here Hopefully I can see your coupe at cam

96accordlx

104 posts [100%]
Chino Hills CA
6-29-2010
 « Re: (Darkcloud)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Darkcloud »
Sup man, didn't know you were on here Hopefully I can see your coupe at cam

If everything goes According to plan it will be there!

Small update. Sold my Magnaflow exhaust. Selling my DC header this weekend too, and putting the stock manifoldback on. Lots of little stuff falling into place in preparation for the swap.

Picked up a really nice Stromung axleback, and got it welded up with a Prelude midpipe (they have matching 2in piping). I wanted something quieter with this setup, and I'm VERY happy with how it sounds. Plus, it fits much better, and with how the tips sit looks like it belongs there.

Much quieter, more refined sound. Very similar to a Remus I'd say.

https://youtu.be/sRjzA7DxF0I

The Accord Collective

96accordlx

104 posts [100%]
Chino Hills CA
6-29-2010

So i did a thing.

Picked up some Type S cams, valve springs, and titanium retainers. Traded my Buddy club seat for them and got a good chunk of cash on top too. Even got the original paperwork for them.

Still unsure if they'll be installed right away, but either way they'll stick around and get thrown in at some point.

The Accord Collective

First  < 2 3 4   Last

» Return to Build threads