Print  Email  Subscribe  RSS  Help Quick Reply
 FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build...First  1 2 >  Last
Author Post

Fredophoto

5 posts [100%]
Indianapolis IN
8-24-2016
  FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build...« » Reply  Edit

Greetings everyone! my name is Fredo(Nickname for Alfred). ive been on this forum for sometime now but never really post anything. just look. recently i was thinking of starting a forum for my newest project. My 01 Integra Type R that i picked up this past November. I'm a freelance photographer and have done work on some pages you follow. The Chronicles, Laced Up, Istayclean etc etc.. since i shoot a lot of cars anyway. i figured id document my progression of my own build and events or whatever else im doing through the process.. hope you guys enjoy!

The day i picked it up from Memphis. we were originally gonna drive fly down to Memphis to pick up the car as driving 14 hours round trip in one day seemed like too much. unfortunately our flights got cancelled due to weather. so my and me friend Oscar who i was bringing with me since he was a former integra owner would know to check for certain things that i would maybe overlook. we jumped in my daily and made the drive down

Month after purchasing the car. i acquired a set of Work RSZ-R Wheels. These exact wheels were on the car the day i first saw this car in Nashville at an event. always enjoyed the clean look of them. i didnt keep them very long.

Early this year. i took it to a few events. Import Alliance, JDM Chicago, and Wekfest Chicago for my final one of the year( you might recognize both the yellow ITRs. one being chenstur who has a build thread on here as well

when i bought the car. i could tell the motor was pretty worn. i knew over winter id have to rebuild the motor if i wanted to anywhere long distance with it comfortably. well before winter came. i ran into some issues. motor began to have a knock and overheat so i shut it down and got it towed home.

Once the car was home. i started trying to figure out what went wrong. not much to find out since id have to tear apart the motor to find the issue. it defintely smelled much more burnt from Cylinder 1 though.

Personally i wasn't in a rush to get started pulling the motor as i knew my friend Nick wouldn't be able to get started on the rebuild til later September/November. But most of my friends got me motivated to do something. so my good friend Kole and i got started with pulling the motor out so i could get to work cleaning the bay. day 1, we got it ready to drop. just needed to unbolt the mounts.

I had the work the next day and my dad must've gotten bored or something(He's a Honda Tech) and decided to pull my motor for me. thanks dad haha.
Since then, not much has happened progress wise. just waiting til i can take my motor to my buddy to get started. for those curious. im doing a factory OEM rebuild on engine and trans as i drive the car too much to do anything besides that. i do have intentions of purchasing Buddy Club Spec II Exhaust, JUN Auto Header, Spoon Spark Wires, Spoon Hoses and a few other items to clean up the bay for when the engine and trans go back in. ill update as we progress though it of course

I did recently did pick up this fake personalized California Plate though with it saying of course "NWP4LIFE" haha told local friends i was moving back to Los Angeles as im originally from there. lol some didn't take it well. hope you guys are enjoying my forum up to now and will check back to see some progress in the near future! btw ill be in California for Eibach Meet in September if anyone wants to meet up! talk to you soon

Modified by Fredophoto at 5:03 AM 8/24/2016

olskoolk20

45 posts [100%]
Dallas TX
10-10-2015
 « « » Reply  Edit

Looks promising. Glad to see people still making build threads!
https://instagram.com/olskoolk20

ClutchFoot

15 posts [100%]
SixToSix CA
8-21-2016
 « Re: (olskoolk20)« » Reply  Edit

Nice pick up tuned in for this build

rarespirits
NITE*GRIND Transmissions

10206 posts [90%]
sOuL CaL
4-23-2006
 « « » Reply  Edit

Welcome Ferdo! Clean R.
1213 AFFILIATION -JDMKIDS | CALI LOVE | AS1 FAMILIA
1213 AFFINITY - NITE GRIND TRANSMISSIONS | GRIPSET | NASTIE GARAGE | CALI LOVE CLOTH. | My Classifieds

Fredophoto

5 posts [100%]
Indianapolis IN
8-24-2016
 « Re: FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build... (Fredophoto)« » Reply  Edit

Hi Guys! thank you for the comments! I've been extremely busy with work,life and traveling so i havent been able to post updates. lets get back on it

Last time you heard from me. i removed the engine from the bay. well a few weeks later. i got started taking it apart. thinks were looking positive at first. til we got to the block. I had hoped that the block didn't spin a rod bearing. well. we took off the pan. that's the exact result i received. it wasn't what i wanted but it is what it is. i finished taking apart the block to find that the aluminum right under cylinder 3 had got a chunk missing on both side(ill post a picture as soon as i get it off my phone). but even with those issues. as long as the machine shop told me it was worth fixing. i was gonna follow through with the rebuild. a few days later, i got with my long block to see what the shop would say. first thing i asked was if my crankshaft was ok or not. so we measured it and yep. it was absolutely useless. that was the nail in the coffin for me. i didn't really want to put the block in anyway with the damage the block had and now that i knew the crank was junk. i decided to scratch the idea of keeping my original block. I haven't purchesed my long block yet. Next month i plan to order one from HMO in California. It's winter here so working on the car in my garage isn't going to happen. recently purchased my J's Racing Header Back Exhaust as well along with a J's Racing Header. Hoping the car is running and 90% complete by March.

Another purchase i just recently acquired is a pair of R32 GTR Spec Volk TE37s in 16x8 +15. its a dream wheel of mine i wanted. i was gonna try to fit them with USDM front for this season but even though i could run them i wasn't going to be happy with how they fit. So picked up a set of 16x7.5 Kosei K1s to rock for next season.

Here are the TE's mounted. would look great but once the car is JDM front. it'll be even better i think. I should be getting my exhaust soon so ill give you guys an update then! Stay Tuned!

ferdONE
I make miracles happen

1864 posts [100%]
ATS.GARAGE CA
10-18-2005
 « Re: FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build... (Fredophoto)« » Reply  Edit

ATSGARAGEUSA / ATSGARAGEJAPAN / ATSPIRIT / ATSG MOTORSPORTS / FERDONEPROJECTS / CHAPMAN CONCEPTS / ICB MOTORSPORTS / RYWIRE / SUPER STREET / JSPIRIT / CIRCUITHERO / KTUNED

http://www.facebook.com/atsgarage

OFFICIAL ATS*GARAGEUSA

http://www.atsgarageusa.bigcartel.com

INSTAGRAM: @ats_a11day

TNRspeed

217 posts [100%]
Atlantic City nj
11-18-2007
 « Re: FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build... (ferdONE)« » Reply  Edit

Beautiful car. Love the new wheels
My 1992 Silver Hatchback timeline/ build thread ----- http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=25664

You want something done you do it yourself!

insidiouseg6

2879 posts [100%]
San jose ca
10-22-2008
 « Re: FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build... (TNRspeed)« » Reply  Edit

In for the build thread
Team Insidious
NSIDIUS Industries //Automotive Goods
Check out our products
http://www.NSIDIUSIndustries.com

WhiteSlips

1357 posts [100%]
OKC OK
9-25-2007
 « Re: FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build... (insidiouseg6)« » Reply  Edit

Sub'd. Love the flat black TEs on the gloss black paint.
Less is more.

Fredophoto

5 posts [100%]
Indianapolis IN
8-24-2016
 « Re: FunctionFred's 01-0304 NHBP Integra Type R Build... (ferdONE)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by TNRspeed »
Beautiful car. Love the new wheels

Thank you! much appareciated!

Quote, originally posted by ferdONE »

Thanks Ferd! Your car is a big inspiration for my own! you can probably tell be my front wheel selection!

Quote, originally posted by insidiouseg6 »
In for the build thread

Thanks Bro! Can't wait to see progress on your car as well!

Quote, originally posted by WhiteSlips »
Sub'd. Love the flat black TEs on the gloss black paint.

Thank you! at first i was originally gonna re do them in bronze but i think the flat black just looks so much more aggressive.

Fredophoto

5 posts [100%]
Indianapolis IN
8-24-2016

Along with me photographing my car through the process of this years build process. my friend Elijah who's a local Videographer is doing a video documentary of the ITR and my background and why I'm such a Honda Enthusiast and when my love for the Integra Type R came as well. that'll come out at some point in the summer next year. stay tuned for it! Here is a photo he took as we were doing some of the shots of the car and going over my ideas. Don't mind the wheel! They are just on the car for it to roll around the garage as i sold my ITR wheels and i got these for free!

0juanitR

157 posts [100%]
Santa Maria ca
6-16-2010

Very nice .. loving the TE's
 First  1 2 >  Last

» Return to Build threads