mportedcivicsi - EM1 thingsFirst  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last
Author Post

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Quick shot Friday morning

I didn’t take many shots, but Friday I pulled the TSX into the garage to remove the BC Type BR coils to replace with Tein Street Advance and also install Ingall's lower camber arms in the rear (2per side...freaking TSX)

Driver front was a breeze, the fronts are basically a larger version of the Si design, very easy. Passenger side, this nut rounded right out. Luckily, it was stuck enough that I hit the bolt side with the impact and it broke free.

TSX will ride sooooooooooo much better after the change out!

TSX is still in the air as there were problems with the rear end, just as we encountered with a buddies. Its almost done now though. Just a couple of things to button up. It was a busy weekend so I didn’t get to finish everything. I'll likely finish tonight and then get the car up to the dealer to have a buddy set the alignment properly.

Took the Si to Cars and Coffee on Saturday morning.

So with getting some needed parts for the TSX, I was able to get it finished up the other day. I really dislike working on the TSX. Everything I've done on now two of them, has been nothing but problems.

Had to cut out the lower camber/tow arm...whatever one it was, I don’t recall now. I've NEVER had to cut anything out like this on my 1999, but this 2005 and my buddies 2008...cutting required. Totally worthless.

I didn’t have any time to make any adjustments before taking it to the shop as I had a rather busy day planned for Wed, both in the garage and then getting the car to its appointment...looked horrible...I'll never understand stance...it's just...ugh...

As you can see, it was pretty horrible in the before...lol. The car was rather unsafe to drive. Rear was fish tailing all over with any steering inputs. BUT it drives SOOOOOOOOO much nicer now on the Tein vs the BC BR coils. And its nice being able to fix the rear into spec. I haven’t decided on a front camber kit yet. We will see how proper rotation wears on these tires.

And the project to get the work bench built was good. Got it up and started getting things moved around and in place. Plenty left to do, but this was a huge help.

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Went out Sunday for the last event of the year...

My buddies ITR (that I've posted before) and I

Drove the number board off the car on my first run. Cold tires, way too stiff of a damper setting...car tried to come around on me, but I saved it...nothing too crazy...haha...

More from last Sunday

First run out and like the third gate, I was pushing way too hard...but who cares! Cold tires and dampening set too stiff made for a little fun, and the guy I gave a ride along to loved it. It was his first time coming out to see autocross (he cant wait for next season to start ) But the car was sliding and trying to come around on me, but I did save it and still ran a faster time than like half the field ) If you look to the left side of the frame, you'll see where my number board went flying off...haha!

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Stills from a little clip Chester sent me back at the Dragon.

Brother in law and I dropped a turkey in a bucket for gobble gobble day.

And on Friday, I had cleared just enough room to get the TSX in the garage for the first time since leaving our old house last Dec. Still lots to be done in the garage, but it was nice seeing it parked in the garage.

My old AutoZone junker car cover has never fit terribly well, but I thought I'd see how it fit with the new areo...better than I thought, but still not right...haha...

And in the spirit of things, I took wifey out to a Christmas tree farm to cut a fresh tree for her first time. Picked an 8ft tree, which is perfect as there is only an inch or two to spare after the topper is on. We planned for that 9ft ceiling just right...haha...

And a little festive entryway...more things coming. We just pulled out a few things as we needed to buy a few as well. But we wont be going all out with lights and crap. We both find lights all over the house to be tacky...especially those blow up things...sorry if you like them We like it simple.

Uncovered for a little hardparking. Credit as watermarked

Two photographers, very similar shots

Wheel Wednesday was good to me...Original Enkei NT03, 15x7 +35

Yes, I have a problem. Two more x9 949's added to the inventory...

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

As you might recall, from way back in the thread, I have a signed Opak Spoon valve cover. I plan on using some of these more rare things in our Spoon/car related media room as we get it setup. Any gen 1 valve cover should be met with a gen 1 plug cover

And for the car, I picked up the Spoon change rod. That will be paired with the gold ITR rod and the Dime's performance solid bushings this winter when I do a few things to the car.

House related, we had some of those horrible vertical blinds in this window when we moved it. They are also in our bedroom, in an identical window. How someone thought they looked good, especially when not cut properly, is beyond me. So, we ordered some nice blinds and drapes to improve the look and be more functional to our taste. We also picked up a nice lamp and some pillows, not pictured, for the room. I tell you what, the room looks and feels much more welcoming

Crap blinds gone!.

Woven wood blinds up...

Drapes up...

And on Sunday, we hosted a Christmas dinner party for the close car friends. It was a great time spending with friends and thier kids

Nothing new going on. Spoiler blade and fender cut outs will go to paint next week. No timeline discussed for turn around.

So there is a new track being opened this year just north of Richmond, VA. In a parts run for a friend, I stopped by to have a look at progress

Dominion Raceway

Much excite!

And to the baby side of things, we picked up the crib and set it up...

And when we tried to get the dresser to go with it, Target was out of stock locally. But the price that the employee pulled was much less than listed, in store and online. I called the 800 number and they matched the price and are shipping it to my house Oh, and the crib rang up at the same discount. Being that they were both originally priced the same, it was like a buy one get on free deal! Ha!

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

While the blade is in being painted, I let my inner ricer fly...

And for Christmas, I got three metal wall cabinets...assembled and ready to hang!

Hung!

Nothing new to report really.

As a requirement for running The Dragon Hillclimb, a race near the Dragon, I went ahead and picked up a roll bar mount to attach the required fire extinguisher to. Also, I pulled out the double DIN deck and wired up the harness for it connecting to the car. The stack of things to install grows...

Washed and cleaned the TSX up for wifey...Si turd had to jump in a little...

A buddy swung by the paint shop for me, as its an hour from my house, and picked up my stuff. Getting it from him tomorrow when I head out his way. And as a friendly joke, he made sure to lay out the items with his Subaru flags...haha.

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

New Spoon items arrived

Then a saw a racecar on the skreets. Electrical tape pillar pod, meat thermometer...thing was legit.

And since I was feeling down about the epic racecar sighting, I tried to cheer myself up. Tossed the spoiler back on...after taking the whole roll of body wrap off of it. Buddy at the shop had it very protected...haha.

Friday was a tad cold. But I did manage to get a little work in. I really need to go and fill my extra propane tanks for the heater...haha!

Moving things around to get the Si more centered in the garage for the work...

:D

First fender (just out of the box from Honda and fresh paint from the full spray, no pressure!) off and ready for destruction!

Yesterday I was able to get to the driver side. With that, I saw a box and remembered I had those fender braces to install as well...whoops! Almost forgot!

And then I promptly removed them...they dont clear the cutouts. So, JSpeed braces will be for sale. I'll probably get the J's as they are a flat version, but still, I'm not 100% they will clear. We shall see...

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Nothing really going on. Hopefully on Friday I'll get some work in.

But, after trying two kits, that showed they would work, and didn't, I took measurements and did the math to get the clamps I needed. Rice, rice baby! )

Friday was a day of Si work!

OEM Si linkage vs Spoon linkage. Notice the more direct input vs the added bends in the OEM. Also, its missing all that crap at the end, by the shifter.

No linkage should be updated without bushings! Dime's solid bushings added, dressed with Downstar hardware. All ordered via Downstar.

And I changed out the OEM ITR pads in favor of Hawk HP+

I'd say things have been a little serious, considering the limited miles put on the car...haha.

And what most people care about, the car on the ground...with the TrackLifeComposites cutouts!

So, Sunday I took the car out for a short ride, since I wasn't able to make Cars and Coffee on Saturday. First time driving it since Dec 5th! Being the first drive, I needed to bed in the new brake pads. Spoon plus Hawk HP+...super braking...lol. Like my second higher speed braking resulted in locking up and much smoke...lol. But, no flat spots on the tires

And the new owner of the Buddy Club bucket picked up the seat after the short ride...Buddy Club side mount bracket is now for sale...lol.

No seat, no driving...

Buddy Club safely in its new home. My buddies legit EF7, yes, the seat is on the right side, its not an edit to the photo...and yes, that other seat is my old Buddy Club recliner, he bought those from me too...haha...

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Ok, I'm back! So here's a little of the little that's been going on...haha. Obviously baby girl has been the story as of late. But I've snuck out here and there to fiddle with the car, while momma and baby enjoy the nice weather.

First, presenting my baby girl!!! :D

My wife and mother in law said she looks just like me, right from the beginning. I didn't see it right off. After looking at my baby pics (left) and hers (right)...yeah, that's my girl!!

Start her right!

Mugen Monday?

And back to our regularly scheduled program...

PCI brackets, left and right, arrived a day early...good thing too, scheduled was baby day!...haha.

As you saw above, with baby girl sitting in, the seats arrived. They actually came in early. The freight company called during the delivery of my daughter...I let that one go to voicemail...not that I actually saw the call come in. Seats just chilling in the car, out of the way.

Removed the CTR armrest delete...never really liked it. I think they look pretty horrible, really. Buddy hooked it up with an old USDM delete, in proper color code. Needs a little adjustment, but it looks far better.

Preparing the PCI bracket for the driver side. Needed more hardware, since obtained.

And I had The Visual Laboratory update my rendering...

And with my update, the Dragon event co-founder rendering was updated...

And the Spoon banner will be removed in order to help promote the Dragon event :D

Managed to get both seats in the other night, but only one photo before dark, and only one seat in at the time. I still need to adjust the e-brake handle as you can see its raised a bit. Also, I'll be changing the mounting location of the inner lap belts for both seats, so tweaking to be done. Also I'll likely mess with the sub harness mounting a bit...never ending!

Ok, so here are some updates!

Seats in!

As seen in a previous post, I changed out the CTR armrest delete to a USDM delete. Adjustments could not be made to make the e-brake sit down flush and fully release the brake. So, I did what anyone would do, I cut the USDM delete to make it fit! And with that, I decided to change out the black and silver Momo handle that I had been using for my OLD, 2002 era black and blue Momo. I felt like a little change...and the blue Cusco door bars gave a little color to the outside, so why not add a little in the middle :D

And the Work CR01 came in last Monday. I pulled them out on Tues to have a look...

Friday, I got a few things done to prepare for Cars and Coffee the next day.

Test fit the Work's...

The Work's didn't work...haha. The +35 with an extra 10mm of spacing still wouldn't clear the Spoon calipers. You can kind of see in the second photo the wheel still kicked out some. And even if it had cleared at +25, I wouldn't have run them. I'd have needed flares to fit them properly with a correct 225/45 tire. So, I sold them.

Cars and Coffee prep also consisted of removing the Spoon banner...

Because Attack The Dragon banner. Need to promote our event! Perspective is a little off with the Dragon on one side and short text on the other. There might be a little tilt, but I'm happy with the results. I may try again when I have some help, as I have another banner I can use. But I'd say not bad considering I had no help...haha.

And a buddy wanted me to test the PWGayDM carbon fog covers since I have a carbon duct on the other side. Not as bad as I expected, but its not my flavor at all.

Rolled back in the garage to charge up the battery...

Cars and Coffee snaps of the old turd. Carried the Work's out to deliver to the new owner.

Prints of Spoon! And a print of my car with the updated rendering.

And being that the OEM belts are completely non functional with the double buckets...bye bye!

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Drove the car to the store yesterday. Loved it...haha!

Measured the Dragon banner, its perspective tilt. By laying it alone, freehand, I was within an eighth of an inch of drop on each corner. BOOM!!! Haha!

And being that I had the car out yesterday, I put the eye bolt in on the outer side of the passenger belt system. Next will be get the car in the air to drill holes to mount the inner for each side. They will be eye bolts also, large fender washers on the inside and 4x4 heavy steel plates in the exhaust tunnel.

So, some photos before tossing back in the garage...

And the Work's when on my homies EF7...like my former Buddy Club seats...haha. Test fit photo, but tires are on now and such. I'll provide a ground photo later.

So I was selected to display my car at a new show hosted by a local team/club. They put on some amazing events. This one was called Elite 75. Submissions were made a while back and they selected the top, you guessed it, 75. I wasn't planning on even trying, thinking I wouldn't even get in. The event was this past Sunday...so I washed my car...haha. The even was intended to be all indoors. Plans were approved by the facility and fire marshal. When they loaded us all in, the fire marshal went nuts and made a lot of cars leave. So we were an overflow to the indoor section, but not forgotten! Random photos below. A couple are my pics but mostly pics from people shooting at the event.

Mine...

Photographers/others

And what I was really not expecting...

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Not a lot has been going on. Car has been covered up in the garage and I've been spending time with the family. But yesterday I was able to get out to an autocross, wet, but we raced.

Friday I put my number boards on. One of the magnets flew away as I forgot to pull them off after that last show I went to. Luckily, I had a spare set of J's boards waiting to be applied to the doors. The magnets were great, but at any speed, even 2nd gear autocross, and add wind, they were lifting off due to the gaps as they went over the door molding. Sticker on door fixes that! And I cut the J's from the bottom to properly place under the molding. I didn't want to go right over it and I needed the full white space to place my class and numbers in. I freaking hate the side moldings. I'd prefer them shaved, like I did on my last Si.

And a little fun sticker...haha.

I pulled the slicks out on Friday for Sunday. However, I pulled them out of the car Sunday morning as it was no question, it was going to rain.

Sunday funday!

Rode hard and put away wet, sandy and just plain nasty...lol.

Meat.

Went on out to a local show this past weekend, hosted by an awesome club here, Sumospeed. SpringFest2016!
Little clean up since it got a bit dirty after the last AutoX. And the addition of the 9’s holding the 235/50’s.

The comparison…

Various photographers, credit as watermarked. Used with permission.

And home again…with some of the fresh gravel from our street…haha.

And the next step for the car. A fresh P28 with S300, powdered black. And to hold it, a Checkerd Sports ECU stand. This is replacing my current P28 with the old S200…that wouldn’t communicate on the last tune day, so we used Crome.

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Late update...

Grabbed some new RC 310's and a Fastline shifter...

Slow going around here lately. My regular Friday's off have been zero work due to sickness floating around. Baby girl brought home the crud from daycare and we have been full cycle now...haha. But I took off this past Friday to get a little done...

Removed the FG2 rear seats to put up a delete plate I got from a buddy a few years ago. Its a one off part that he made. I dipped it for now. TV box is being used for a template to make a panel for the base. Oh, and I cut out the rear belts since I couldn't get to the reel easily. Roll bar issues...haha.

Well, again with the heat, but I pushed though and got a little work done this past Friday. Picked up some supplies as well, to finish up the rear seat delete. Also, I'm going to remove the dip from the upper and go with paint. I'm not happy with the dip job.

And as you might recall, I bought a 4Runner last May to daily. My plans were to use it to also tow the Si on an open deck trailer to tracks outside my area. Well, plans change. I've since decided to go with an enclosed, as it makes more sense for our needs and space. That being said, the 4Runner is not equipped to pull that weight. So its going up for sale as its been replaced...

2007 Tundra CrewMax SR5. Black Rock wheels were on it when I bought it. I've added the Weather Tech mats and vent visors. Tomorrow will be a week of ownership LOVE it. So glad to be back in a truck. 4Runner is nice and I'd have had no problem keeping it, if it could do the job. But man I missed being in a truck.

Progress was stalled due to my need to be at work on a day I had set to finish things up. But I was able to get things wrapped up this past Friday. And finally track down my start issue to the main relay on Saturday, just in time to race on Sunday.

While I have sold off a lot of my Spoon stuff to make room for other items, higher performing items, I treated myself to ridiculously over priced wiper brades. They made a huge difference in my times on Sunday [emoji14]

Finishing up the delete. Don't mind my ricer stickers. I needed moar HP's.

I added some sound deadening to help insulate from the trunk area...

And Sunday. It was the first time I was able to use the new slicks, and really the first nice day to autocross since finishing the overhaul last year. Its been raining or cold at any event I've made it to, all three previous to this. Really put a work out on the car and it loved every bit of it...as did I. Car feels great. Now to get out there more and keep pushing it!

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Video from Sunday...

In car...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac5nsXyyWpw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tzKmHv5EiU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4LZWwlwHb4

Outside...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2pofQxxJAs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_zrSMpHjf8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNwMOnlmjdI

So here I'll try and catch up on what's been going on...

August 20th I went down to NC to run the track I'm very familiar with, although it had been a couple of years since I last ran it in any form. It was a full open track, grouped by experience. I opted to register in the beginner group as it had been a long time since I'd run an open track day, 5 years, and as stated, about 2 since the last I was at the track, which was for a Time Attack. I also was considering the numerous changes to the car overall since my last track day. Basically a new car to sort out. This provided an instructor to ride along and help get my old brain moving again. It was a great day and we were able to talk about different things and work on some things I wanted to get tested out. Without going into all of the detail, it was a great day and I was able to get a lot of take away for moving forward. And the majority of the beginner group was having a time with my passing them...haha. A large number of Miata's in that group. But it also made for great conversation in the paddock after sessions. Anyway...some pics and video...

Packed and ready!

Feed the tank...

Feed the drivers...

Driveway issues at the lake house...haha...

Track day!

Modified by mportedcivicsi at 9:18 AM 12/28/2016

First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last

» Return to Build threads