mportedcivicsi - EM1 thingsFirst  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last
Author Post

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « Re: (Do1313R)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Do1313R »
That Defi ZA is dope... Did it come with all sensors?

You can buy it as a kit or as needed. The Club Sport kit comes with the oil temp and pressure and water temp. They have expansion for it for boost, EGT, fuel pressure and other things. You can link two ZD systems together and link individual gauges to it in line. Very cool, and functional setup.

Do1313R
X Factor

35520 posts [100%]
TWU, CA 562
3-31-2008
 « Re: (mportedcivicsi)« » Reply  Edit

Awesome! Thanks for the info!
TWU... Cali Luv... Nastie garage...

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « Re: (Do1313R)« » Reply  Edit

No problem man. And if you decide to go that route, RHDJapan has the best pricing on new

kuro_ej6

174 posts [100%]
B.F.E. Tx
9-28-2011
 « Re: (Smitty_Works)« » Reply  Edit

Quote, originally posted by Smitty_Works »

thanks for the heads up as well. i appreciate well rounded enthusiasts who can build cars and do carpentry and other skills.

Old school threadjack lol. No problem man. If you have any questions or just want to talk ideas, PM me.

[EM1 CREW] | JDMCC | Kids these days...  

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

No work has been done since last. TSX will be gone on Friday, so I'll try and get things in order to start making forward progress. But parts are coming in here and there. More on Friday

HPI Japan oil cooler kit...

K-Tuned radiator mounting kit. Undecided on it currently. Possibly moving to the ASR kit, found after my order was placed with K-Tuned...

Smitty_Works
b-boy smitty_roc son!!

1632 posts [100%]
SmithRoc190 BBoy
11-18-2007

from my experience i would go with the ASR. i tried using the Ktuned stuff with an RSX radiator in my 4 door and no matter how i tried to mock up the top radiator brackets they wouldn't work. and i wasnt about to hack up my core support just get them to fit. i ended up just using the bottom brackets and my spoon top rad bracket.

i plan on running the ASR's once i upgrade my radiator before hitting the tracks this year.

Big thanks to my sponsor!!!!
| I | C | B | MOTORSPORT

"The Living Dead" http://forums.nwp4life.com/zerothread?id=5447
cause one set of RECAROS is never enough

blandsarcasm

14 posts [100%]
east coast PA
11-26-2016
 « Re: (Smitty_Works)« » Reply  Edit

mine worked out pretty well for me but i did wind up having to shave a few mm off the upper core support to give the rad a little more clearance. they werent touching but it was uncomfortably close.

IMG_5656 by evan mclaren, on Flickr

might not be the case for anyone else who knows. didnt bother me since i was painting it anyway

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

I'm hearing more and more to shift to the ASR kit, so I'll likely throw the K-Tuned up for sale...lol.

Well, Friday we officially became K free! So glad to have that freaking thing gone. Overall its a nice car, but I HATE K and the transmissions in them. Had it been an auto, I might not have hated it as much. But its off to a good home in Dragon country now I'll see it in the fall.

DC2 Koyo showed up Friday as well...

Started pulling the harness apart on Monday...

I'll be deleting these, along with the oil pressure switch that isn't used on the JDM engine, primary O2 sensor lead and the crank sensor plug.

Clean...now to the delete work.

Sold the AP1 wheel...ready to box and ship

BabyTypeR

815 posts [100%]
in the Island NY
12-24-2010

Lovely updates man!! love everything you've done to the car cant wait to see more
Flickr |Canon
My EK Hatch Built Thread
http://forums.nwp4life.com/zer...age=1
Instagram Venom_EK and Norman_Mphotos
K-TUNED, HQ Autobody

blandsarcasm

14 posts [100%]
east coast PA
11-26-2016
 « « » Reply  Edit

wasnt aware it was possible to delete those two junction plugs youre holding in that pic. im not even aware of what purpose they serve haha. good luck with that though. modifying my harness was my LEAST favorite part of swapping my hatch, although my task was less deleting and more adding/extending. curious to see what wheel youre going with as well. as far as the sentiments toward K goes, im hoping that i dont wind up feeling the same way eventually haha

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Thanks, BabyTypeR!

blandsarcasm, I've always heard they were diagnostic in nature, but my buddy from the dealership said they were just extra from another engine that we don't use. But either way, they aren't used and thus not needed. You don't see them added to tuck harnesses, so they aint that serious...haha. But yeah, I'll be tracing all the wires back and removing them from their respective opposite connector ends. I don't mind the electrical work, it just takes time. But then again, I've worked in the field for over 20yrs now...lol. I ordered an OMP wheel, but its coming straight from Italy, so it'll be here when it gets here. I'm in the small numbers that hate K. And I could care less...haha. If its your flavor, all good. I know you've done a lot of work to get to where you are. So I hope you enjoy it!

mportedcivicsi

377 posts [100%]
Carrollton VA
7-5-2011
 « « » Reply  Edit

Removed the OEM ITR heat exchanger and looped the line back to the block. Pulled the black box and pulled the 14mm allen freeze plugs to install the Endyne breather -AN adaptors.

First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last

» Return to Build threads