1993 CIVIC DX Show and Go Build Thread

The more im looking the more similar i realize they are lol. Thats crazy

Awesome build! Where did you purchase those new corners from? I’ve been looking for new ones for a couple weeks now but cant find any!

1 Like

Awesome progress, love how it sits on those TE37’s.

1 Like

Thanks. I bought them from ICB.

Wish we had something like ICB over here (the Netherlands). But we have to pay import taxes and of course higher shipping costs.

Didn’t the cars over there come with the clear corners?

I was thinking that as well. Wasnt sure if I miss remembered those corners being standard in some parts of europe.

1 Like

Very clean! Sick build👍

1 Like

Yes you are correct, what everyone likes to call rare EG6 corners are stock corners over here.

1 Like

Calipers came in!! Decided to go with Wilwood DPHA because I wanted to experiment with drag racing and these are the only calipers that clear 13in slicks. I also took them to my detailer to get them ceramic coated. Hit up @motodetailing on IG if you’re in the DFW area.

Wanted something more subtle so decided to go with the anodized gray.

5 Likes

Took my intake to a local shop (Redline performance) to get the flange and bung for the IAT sensor welded on.

Complete 4in with V stack. Will sit right behind the bumper grill.

Also stopped by harbor freight to pick up some supplies to do the swap.

I took advantage of the Black Friday sales and picked up some more odds and ends for the swap. Will take pics once they come in.

3 Likes

What’s the purpose of that jack?

The beam let’s you raise the car up from the frame with one jack. You can also adjust the height and length of the beam to fit the car you’re working on. I plan on swapping the motor from underneath which is the reason why I got it.

Damn that’s dope! And you can do the swap solo? Might have to invest in that

Yea, just have to take your time.

1 Like

Swapped out the interior mirror trim. It’s all about the little things.

4 Likes

Some updates. Took my water pump housing to work since we have a bandsaw. Cut and shaved!

3 Likes

Mickeys came in. They’re 225/50. Gonna have to raise the car to fit these massive tires lol.

Also got my manifold back from powder coating. They came out ok. The Powder coater told me the imperfections are normal when coating cast aluminum parts. Got some ARP hardware as well.

My Ross machine throttle body finally came in shortly after. Test fitted everything. Gonna need a bracket for the intake. Don’t mind the throttle body being on the wrong way. Throttle body is 90mm and intake is a full 4in with v-stack.

The intake manifold is currently at Nitrous Outlet in Waco TX getting the lines done. Can’t wait to see how it comes out.

2 Likes

And the motor is out. Ended up not using the cross beam. I just jacked it up as high as possible from the compliance bushing. Now the real fun starts.

3 Likes

Good stuff :+1: great machine work btw

1 Like