EM1 Refresh Build Thread

Amazing work so far. I had an EBP new in 99.

1 Like

thank you, i really wish i had the opportunity back in the day same with my s2000 but i was about 7 yrs old lol

Cars off the road for winter but with black friday sales at autofair honda i decided to pick up some things for my s2000 and couple things for the em1. New covers for the gas,brake and clutch pedals, center console armrest and i also ordered a set of brand new em1 civic si wheels and center caps. Got home and opened the boxes for the wheels and wasnt happy with the condition of “new” wheels one had a ding on one of the spokes , one wheel looked like it was sanded on one of the spokes even though it was smooth and all the wheels had imperfections in the clearcoat so sadly i returned them. As for the covers and armrest i got them installed except the gas pedal cover didnt realize it was a hard plastic instead of soft rubber like the brake and clutch pedals and didnt have any tools with me so ill have to finish that another day but the armrest looks so nice and wasnt too expensive id advise anyone looking to restore their em1 to order one quick before they’re gone!

( carpets a little dirty need to vacuum it but cars no longer on the road for new england winter )

6 Likes

Everything looks good broski! Keep it going!

1 Like

thanks man, just really looking for a 32mm 5 lug setup for the next phase

Finalllly! Was up one night couple weeks ago checking instagram before bed and seen Hmotorsonline post new stories on their page and it was a 32mm ctr 5 lug setup posted 7mins ago i called immediately and placed the order, they called me back next day to give tracking number and told me they had 24 people call about the 5 lug setup from last night after me and throughout the next morning. These things are getting so hard to find and if you do find them theyre selling quick! Anyways now i got a new project refreshing the bearings, bushings, rotors, calipers etc etc. Probably wont install this for another year or two but im glad to finally have it

4 Likes

Damn! I guess when you think about it for the past 10-12 years these CTR’s and ITR’s have been getting imported and cut up and parted out. Eventually they will run out. That’s crazy

1 Like

yep only going to get harder and harder, its pretty sad

1 Like

loving the progress man! I want one of those gas cap holder now lol

1 Like

Can’t wait to see the 5lug swap installed.
Loving the build and the parts.

1 Like

Yeah its pretty helpful and neat lol

Thanks it’s gonna be a while but should be worth it in the end

Nothing new but finally got to put some miles on it this year and had some good company

1 Like

The amount of detail you’ve done to the car plus the 5lug setup will make it an ideal weekend or daily driver.

1 Like

Thanks! Ive actually been thinking of selling the 5 lug setup…maybe im not 100% yet but if someone shows me the money lol i picked up a 2019 civic type r couple weeks ago so just trying to replenish the bank account

2 Likes

A long overdue update but have just been driving and enjoying the car, i ended up ordering a new windshield cowl that ive been wanting to grab for a while but have slacked on but finally got it and looks great!

3 Likes

Oh so fresh, wish all of them could be like this forever. :smiley:

1 Like

Wheels - check
Tires - in cart to order
all new oem brakes, rotors and calipers - in cart to order

an expensive resto that most people
wont notice as im just replacing whats already there but seeing as im expecting to keep this car for life i just had to get brand new wheels it only seemed right and the current rotors/pads were replaced by previous owner with NAPA parts, while they are still in good condition with plenty of life the rotors are rusted and i didnt want to put new wheels on rusted rotors and while im doing that might as well new pads and ofcourse doing all that have to freshen up the calipers

4 Likes

beautiful cars.

love the ctr/itr wheel setup.

how do you like the fk8 compared to your ap1?

1 Like

S2000 is beautiful and a joy to drive but seriously lacks power its only downfall i believe, where as the type r has plenty of power but i do sometimes believe its body is a bit outrageous but i do sometimes catch myself saying dam thats a good looking car. Im still up in the air about if i should sell it and get a good chunk of money or if i should just drive it out for a few years and probably still get back what i paid for it

2 Likes