Sloppy's Rice Rocket *Build Thread*

Awesome build bro. Very curious to see what kinda power the b20v set up puts down. :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Thanks! From what I read on old forum posts and some youtube videos they usually make around 180-190whp with stock head and bolt ons.

Long time no see folks, been some time since the last update and thought I’d show you what I’ve been up to in the last little while. It’s finally not cold anymore so I started to tinker around with the car again and managed to get a good chunk of parts crossed off the to buy list as well.

Shortly after the last post my TracTuff swirl pot and came in for the B20v and boy is it a nice piece. Love the stuff that Rob fabs up, definitely worth the price and wait. My Koyo rad got the -16 bungs welded I bought last summer as well, just need to order lines and fittings after I get the engine installed.

Have to thank my boy Matt for welding the bungs on as well as welding the gussets on the trailing arms.

Couple weeks after that my cop conversion kit and Speed Factory 70mm throttle body came in. I bought the cop kit from Xenocron and it uses the HondaRulez cop board like a few other kits out there. The nice part about the HondaRulez board is that you can install it on a stock ecu and it’ll still work and it’s fairly easy to go back to distributor if needed.

The Speed Factory throttle body is a nice piece for it’s price, cheap and effective. It’s a cast unit but it seems to be of good quality and even came with a thermal gasket.

So originally I spec’d out my B20v setup to be fairly simple but that all changed once my buddy told me he was parting out his Integra with a freshly rebuilt B18C motor with some goodies in it. I wasn’t going to buy the motor at first since but it was freshly with Nippon ITR pistons, Scat rods, King bearings, ACL oil pump and a cylinder head with full Skunk2 valve train with pro2 cams in it.

I was tempted to throw this into the crx but another buddy of mine was interested in the short block so after some talking we ended up going 50/50 on the rebuilt B18C and I sold him my refreshed stock B16 head for cheap so he gets a nice refreshed motor for cheap and I get a nice cylinder head with cams for cheap as well.

I also picked up RDX injectors, like new IACV, AEM AFR gauge, Personal steering wheel, 74mm Skunk2 throttle body, Hondata S300 v3 and a 98 spec ITR trans off him as well.

After I got the motor home I tossed on my swirl pot to see what it would look like and man it looks good.

A few weeks ago it finally started to really warm up so I gave my trailing arms and the other subframe I picked up during winter a quick coat of black. I used a different type of gloss black this time and it seems like it has some flake in it which is nice. The next day after they dried I put the rear end mostly back together for mock up.

Just earlier I finished swapping out the subframe and cleaning out the interior so I could put the Works back on and see it on all 4 wheels for the first time. I’ve seen what it looks like before with the wheels on the one side but even now I think it looks really good with the wheels and flares. Glad I went with the CR01s, they fit the EF chassis perfectly imo.

While cleaning out the interior I took the dash out so I could remove the center console bracket/frame so I could just run the upper half. Originally I was going to run carpet but most likely just gonna run it gutted with the dash and door panels only.

I also never had the side skirt on with the lower fender cap on before while the car was on the Works so seeing it with them without the lower door cap confirmed that I really do like not having the door cap on.

Yesterday I went on a little adventure with my buddy in his EF9 to go grab an SiR hood and some EF9 fenders a couple mins outside of town. I wanted the hood and he wanted the fenders so we split the cost for them. The hood is in OK condition, 6.5/10 I’d say. Has a few dents, scratches and other things but for the price I paid I’m not really gonna complain about it. My buddy with the EF9 does body work as his job so Im going to ask him if he can do what he can to make it a little more presentable. It seems like it was also in a K swapped EF since a bit of the webbing is cut on the inside where a K series
would sit.

That’s everything for now, planning on getting a lot more work done over the next few weeks so I can hopefully get it driving/insured in time for my birthday in Sept.

6 Likes

Great choice of parts, I’m loving this build. Keep up the great work :+1:t5:

1 Like

Thanks! Takes some time to save up for some of these parts but worth it in the end.

First off, the car still isn’t running nor is it close to it lol. I was hoping to get the car running by Sept but I got word maybe a few days after the last post that my coilovers still had no eta and a few other things happened so I decided just to chill out and enjoy my summer.

I had some some things done like get the Xenocron cop kit install the ecu and alternator plug swapped out with the one supplied in the kit by my friend.

At the same time as that I got my bumper lenses back from getting clear coated and these things look amazing! Love the look of the clear lenses on these.

Shortly afterwards I finally received my ASR rear brace and sway bar that I ordered a year ago. Still haven’t installed it, just been sitting in my room since I got it.

One part that I’ve been waiting to get was my Sard RD-1 cluster. Looks like a motorcycle cluster but it shows a lot of info and you can use any 80mm tach with it. I used to have brand new one years ago but foolishly sold it and I’ve been regretting it since so when this popped up I had to get it.

Towards the end of July I got word that my Bride Xeros seat that I ordered a few months ago showed up and I quickly picked that up since I was on holidays. I’ve never had a brand new bucket seat before but this is the comfiest seat I’ve ever sat in. I love the diamond stitching on the sides and the leather vinyl along the top of the side bolsters so hopefully that’ll help it from tearing from getting in and out.

Somewhere in that time I ended up selling that refreshed B18C motor and ITR trans to a friend of mine. I wasn’t planning on selling either of them but I got offered a price that I couldn’t refuse and made a good chunk of money from it. I also ended up selling my Hondata, cop setup, Rywire harness and 4.9fd to him as well so now the plan is to run Haltech Elite 1500 so I can do drive by wire throttle. Like the motor and trans I wasn’t planning on selling that setup since it was pretty much ready to go but I was talking to another friend of mine and he mentioned he was doing dbw on his Z31 and told me all the benefits that come from it and it got it thinking about it. Mainly I just wanted cruise control which I thought would be cool to have and not having a throttle cable in the engine bay which cleans it up a little bit more.

I haven’t ordered anything yet since I’m still getting paid from selling the swap and everything but will be once I do. The plan is to use a 68mm Bosch Motorsports dbw throttle body and welding an adaptor flange to the AEBS manifold for the dbw throttle body and use a T1 cam trigger setup along with K series coil packs so I can fully delete the distributor and clean things up even more. For the pedal I’m thinking about using one from a Honda Fit or BRZ/FRS/86 but haven’t decided on one just yet. I emailed Rywire about a custom harness for everything and got a reply back saying that they’re planning on releasing an off the shelf harness that would cover all the bases that I asked about and would be roughly more than half the cost of a true custom harness. They plan on releasing it around the end of this year or early next year so all that’s left to do is wait.

Since I sold the ITR trans and 4.9fd I need another setup to use and as of now the plan is to acquire a B16 trans and put in a mfactory 3/4/5 close ratio gear set along with a 4.4fd from a GSR trans I have laying around. I looked a few different setups online that people use and tested them out in Forza to see what I liked and what would work well at our local track. With the setup I’m going with highway cruising shouldn’t be too bad, rough 3900/4000 @ 100kmh which was kinda close to the ITR trans w/ 4.9fd iirc.

In the deal with my friend that I made I ended up getting a facelift bumper along with a bumper support and the thin frame rail brackets that I needed. The bumper isn’t perfect, has some small damage on the front that needs to get repaired and the grill has been cut out but finding one of these out here is slim to none so I decided to scoop it up. He threw in some fenders that he had laying around as well. Now finally I can hang my bumper without having a piece of wood propping it up which was nice.

August for me was a wash, I ended up hurting my back pretty bad outside of work and missed some work because of it. During that time I also had to put my cat down that I’ve had for about 15 years so that was rough and to make it worse it was on Friday the 13th, truly a cursed day for me. I pretty much just wrote off the rest of the month and just chilled out.

September I decided to get some work done and borrowed an empty B series block, B series trans casing, picked up a rear T bracket and ordered a billet Hasport post mount since I was having trouble finding a DA post mount locally. Oddly enough the Hasport mount came in just over a week which was surprise considering how back up everything is with shipping.

With help of a friend of mine we mocked the engine up in the bay and bolted in the rear mount and engine mount and roughly got the block and trans where it needs to be. It’s slightly higher on the trans side since I don’t have another jack to adjust it since mine is holding the rear end of the car up but it’s very close to being level.

With the block and trans in place I had another problem to deal with, the trans mount bracket. Since the car came with a factory B series you can’t just bolt up the trans to the car, no one makes an off the shelf mount for hydro trans into EF8/9 chassis. As you can see with the Hasport hydro trans to EF mount it sits pretty far back in the bay almost under the strut tower. Even if the mount had lined up with the factory mount somehow the mount itself is smaller compared the mount in the Hasport EF8/9 replacement mount kit.

What I decided to do was take the mount from the trans mount on the EF8/9 and put it on top of the base of the hydro mount kit where the original trans mount would roughly sit. Luckily enough theres a lot of flat space on the base part of the mount so I had a lot of room to move it around and still have the mount sit flat on it on all sides.

[

After dealing with that I crudely made a template of the trans mount bracket that I will need to get made and welded onto the car. Super ugly but it did it’s job until I make a cleaner version.

Borrowed a busted PR3 head and slapped on my swirl pot and intake manifold just to see what everything would look like and quickly tossed in the Koyo rad as well then took the mount off and dropped it off at my friends place so he could weld it up after work when he has some free time.

Just the other day I got my mount back from my friend and he did a killer job! He also did the bungs on my Koyo rad and the gussets on my trailing arms.

With that dealt with now I can take the car over to my friends place and get the trans bracket made and welded and get some other things done as well. I ordered a firewall filler plate kit from ODB Weld Werks awhile ago and just received them the other day. The plan is to fill up all the unused holes in the firewall but not fully shave and tuck the bay, just a slight clean up. Hoping to get everything done this month so I can respray the bay before it gets too cold.

3 Likes