What’s your daily grind to support your habits?

Past 5 years I’ve worked as a service advisor for BMW. Before that I built emergency vehicles for 10 years.

Former Account manager for Mil spec connectors along with Airborne, and Ground tactical wireless surveillance systems.

Now work in SW configuration management for a prestigious UAV manufacturer.

Side hustle - Sourcing and selling J spec headers, wheels and other misc items.

3 Likes

I miss living in DFW

1 Like

Executive Chef. Been in the restaurant industry for almost 15 years now.

2 Likes

Systems Engineer at biggest place that builds bombs to kill the bad guys

1 Like

Site Engineer, surveying and setting out on construction sites.

Its not a bad place honestly. 35 and 20 never stop sucking. But otherwise its cool. I live on the middle of everything so im slighty sick it at the moment

1 Like

District Admin at FedEx Express stressful as fuck but the pay is good

Still a tech at the local Honda dealership. 18 years last month.

4 Likes

I was working for Panasonic/Tesla. Worked myself down to the bone before I realized I hated every day of it.

Now I’m in the marijuana industry. Much happier now.

2 Likes

Worked as a technician at the Tesla factory but quit a few months ago. Over worked and under paid was the usual but 60+ hr weeks was good for the pockets. After a few years of trying, finally got a job doing commercial HVAC in the union. Beats workin on cars and the $$ along with the benefits are amazing

2 Likes

Did you do any schooling for HVAC or did you find someone who will train? I’m looking into HVAC as well

Honestly just got super lucky. One of my best friends runs an auto shop and services the owner’s cars and he coincidentally happens to be my old neighbor from my childhood. It’s a small company and has a small company mindset where he’d rather train someone that has mechanical knowledge without an HVAC background so I get trained to their standards. Keep lookin and don’t get discouraged, look into smaller shops and do grunt work and take a pay cut if need be it’ll be worth it.

1 Like

Word. Ive applied at one who would rather me be as green as possible but mechanically inclined. Just didn’t have it in the budget for another person. Thank you. I’ll keep my head up and applying around

1 Like

Warranty analyst for Mitsubishi Motors North America.

I worked with refrigeration units before taking this job. Loved it and will always take the knowledge with me.

Just started working in the aerospace industry this past April, currently doing composite fabrication making parts for the F35 horizontal tail section.

5 Likes

Multiplayer Level Designer for videogames

3 Likes

I’ve been a Tech 7 years for Honda nothing fancy :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I work for a small elevator company. I work in the office mostly on the service/repair side of the business.