Brownman's EM1 build?

I haven’t had any issues with them. The suspension was all installed at once, so i couldn’t really tell you if the upper arms specifically made a big difference or not. Over all the car feels great and its not a harsh ride at all.

1 Like

Some small updates:

Finally got my hands on some EDM manual folding/power adjusting mirrors. I actually had a set of power folding mirrors before these but they ended up being for a sedan. I guess they will collect dust till I decide to build a 4 door. lol

Took the TE’s off to powder coated them. They are currently stripped and sandblasted, just trying to find the time to actually coat them. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

The same guy I bought my oem optional rear lip from hit me up saying he had a set of oem window visors for sale. The only problem with this is that I already had a set I bought from JDM Ohio but bc these things are getting hard to find I couldn’t pass up a good deal.

Both sets needed some love but with a lil wet sanding and polishing they look great now.

7 Likes

Man the car has come a long way! Looks great man Ill definitely be keeping up with this thread.

1 Like

Also where did you find that exhaust tip? I’m trying to figure out what i want to do because my Tanabe Medallion sits a bit under my rear lip and the paint is beginning to bubble.

1 Like

They make a couple of different sizes, but the 89mm fit on the RM-01A exhaust perfectly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info.

Finally got my hands on a ek9 cluster after looking for a few months. I wasn’t willing to pay $700+ for one but got lucky and found a local guy selling one on Facebook market place for a really good deal.

@smartkrew on IG hooked it up with a interesting steering wheel. It’s a 300mm steering wheel made in Japan that looks a lot like a Momo Monte Carlo. There is no branding on it but the fit and finish looks really good. The leather grip is nice and thick making it not feel like a super small steering wheel.

EK9 cluster and 300mm steering wheel installed with Chasing J’s titanium hardware and horn button. :ok_hand:t5:

While waiting to get the TE’s powder coated, I got bored with the Dunlop Rozest SS-01 wheels. So I painted them black, but don’t plan on leaving them like this for long. The plan is to get them straightened and powder coated a bronze color (maybe). When I bought the SS-01 from a IG/Facebook importer, I was told they where in great condition and no bends. Long story but lets just say they were not… :man_facepalming:t5:

6 Likes

Man I’m looking at that exhaust too for my car. They say it’s a 14-16 week wait though. But damn it looks good

1 Like

never go wrong with an OE+ Styling, love it my dude

2 Likes

Man I can’t stand waiting for part, but I will say this set up sounds great and looks pretty good.

This thread is coming along nicely brotha, well done and Beautiful EM1. Keep the updates coming :yum: :popcorn:

1 Like

Damn K that thing is looking so fresh :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Got my wheels back from powder coat. Matt killed it on these. @lloyds_ga

5 Likes

Took some pictures on my lunch break, lighting was horrible.

3 Likes

Damn that color is beautiful. Mag blue?

Looks great, 16x7 et33 rays always look fantastic.

Prismatic Powders Misty Midnight with a clear. It’s the closest color we could find to Mag blue.

Couple of weeks ago I drove down to EBTEC to have a little chat with James about tuning the civic. He ended up getting me set up with Hondata s300 v3 and tuning the car that night. Graph shows the first pull (blue lines) with stock ek9 ecu, and last pull (red line) with the new ecu and James working some magic. The power gains feel great, especially the midrange power (20hp). Vtec engagement is now lower making it to where I don’t fall out of vtec shifting into the next gear (still feels weird revving this little motor past 8k lol).

Before 162 hp / 101 tq
After 173 hp / 114tq

6 Likes

If it’s healthy you can push it close to 10k rpm.
Mine did a consistent 207hp at the crank, stock engine with bolt-ons. And surprisingly lasted pretty long before it spun a bearing while cornering hard. (My mistake for not having a baffled sump)
Just to say they are really strong, stable and reliable engines, that like to get pushed into the high revs.
Enjoy :grinning:

10k?! Did it make power that high? Mine started to drop after 8700, but it could be bc my intake and header aren’t that great for power.

What bolt ons are you running?