Hey all, I am currently working on putting in my OEM JDM Navigation/ Climate Control combo in my Prelude. I know there are few and far between people who have successfully accomplished this but, nevertheless I would like to create a guide to doing this and any info you can provide for this or anything else related would be greatly appreciated. On top of this I also started this thread as a info dump for all the little niche guides for the BB6-8 chassis. I found many links were dead or pages so old they wouldn’t display the added pictures or just were vague in general. So here’s an opportunity to start anew and bring any and all info to the present day. Thanks for reading!
@Flipside_BB6 Pics and step by step tutorial just like the good ol days.
Bookmarked. Thanks dood!
An update - As you can see it’s a big mess of wires but there is some order to it believe it or not. Thus far I don’t know of any repining that’ll be needed other than tying together the interior portion of the engine harness with the exterior engine harness portion and the evaporator sensor being either cut and soldered or fully swapped out. I am doing it the “hard” way possibly as I am attempting to do the least amount of cutting of the harnesses as possible. As far as I understand the JDM Prelude harnesses can “become” a USDM Prelude harness by simply flipping them 180 degrees due to obviously being RHD Vs. LHD but, I won’t be able to 100% say for certain without finishing. Some guides such as the digital climate control conversion and 6 stack CD changer installation can help give you at least a general way forward on this. It also helps with the wire harness for everything being cut to a certain length you can tell how Honda had everything routed in the chassis.
Hi again everyone, just a update as well as the Japanese guide that shows all the inputs/outputs as well as wiring and coordinating pinouts for connectors. Yes it’s in Japanese but if you have accumulated all the necessary pieces like the dash harness, nav harness w/ engine harness you can see the pin colors that go to the connectors. I’ll update again where I show the specific areas to look for specified connection points and show off the near final product. If you’ve been waiting for a update I apologize for the delay as I just tried to use the JDM harnesses for the set up but my car being an SH and not a base and with this set up coming out of an Auto Si-R spec Prelude (I believe) there is not as much compatibility as I thought