BreakEven’s 2011 Honda Fit GE8!

Welcome guys! Thanks for coming in for a look. I’ve never done a build thread and also didn’t get to experience NWP’s glory days before social media killed forums. Awesome to see the revival and figured I’d do a build thread for any one interested in Fit’s and to also document for myself.

Current Mod List :

• GodSpeed Mono SS Coilovers
  • SBC Camber Bolts
  • Progress 19mm Rear Sway Bar
  • PRM Short Ram Intake
  • Apexi N1 Axleback
  • Enkei RPF1’s 16x7 +35 Front and Kosei K1 15x7 +38 Rear
  • Project MU NS400 Brake Pads
  • EBay STi Front Lip
  • Stickydiljoe’s/Battlecraft’s Year 10 Shift Knob
  • BLR (Spoon Rep) Mirrors
  • JDM GE6 Base Model Taillights

So back in August 2019, my previous daily/project which was an 00’ EJ8 coupe, had got hit on my commute home.

Car was deemed totaled and Insurance paid me out more than expected (way more than I had bought the car for) and figured I’d get something a bit more “reliable” as a daily but also serve as an every now and then track car.

On October 6th, 2019 I had picked up my new to me 2011 Taffeta White Honda Fit Sport w/ 67K miles and it’s a manual!

Picked up some OEM Honda window visors along with OEM splash guards but installed those at a later date.

Installed GodSpeed Mono SS coilovers, 19mm Progress RSB and OEM splash guards.

Attended Stickydiljoe’s Year 11 Chronicles Meet and decided to throw on my JDM RS clear tails.

Bought a PRM intake and some Kosei K1’s in a 15x7 +38 wrapped in Dunlop Direzza DZ102 205/50/15.

Found out that tirerack had sent me one wrong wheel. One wheel was a +30 offset rather than a +38 like the rest. Tirerack wanted me to go through the hassle to measure the wheel’s offset and sending them additional pictures rather than relying on the stamp that clearly said it was a 15x7+30.

Still ran the set-up for a little while but kinda found that annoying so I decided to just pick up a pair of 16x7+35 RPF1’s to run a reverse staggered/mismatch set up. Also picked up some JDM GE6 Base model taillights, SPC Camber bolts, Project MU NS400 brake pads, Apexi N1 Axle-back an a EBay lip that I don’t recommend anyone to get lol. Will come off soon. Also did a slight bumper cut, removing the fake diffuser.

I couldn’t justify 1200 for Non-power and fake carbon Spoon mirrors do I decided to pick up some used BLR mirrors (Spoon Reps) painted in metallic silver from a fellow fit friend who parted out. Thought the silver would bring some contrast to the car as I plan on implementing more silver pieces to the car.

I have some wheels coming in that I ordered right before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately I was told they won’t be coming in till January - late Feb, but who truly know with covid going on.

8 Likes

if only you were around when i was getting rid of all my parts lol

1 Like

The RS tails where the favorite part on my 09 GE.

I never knew how “rare” my Sport w/ Navigation Manual trans was. Your car looks EXCELLENT on the paired wheel setup

1 Like

Love threads like this, keep it going :+1:

1 Like

Thank you! I love the mismatch look. I’d still have on my RS tails if one wasn’t cracked unfortunately. Got them for free but just ran them for fun!

Funny enough, I didn’t even know Navi along with steering wheel volume controls was an option for these cars till recently lol. But yes, Manuals in general are definitely hard to find!

You got more to sell me. They’re just on your car. 🥲🙂

1 Like

Thank you! Have tons more planned.

kinda want a fit now

What’s up guys! Been a while since I’ve updated and figured I’d share a few things that I’ve done the last few months.

Finally received my JDP Engineering front lip. Fitments kinda meh, but tons better than the eBay STi lip I was running :nauseated_face:

Also removed the front plate and plugged the license plate hole.

Picked up some Volk Racing CE28’s in a 17x7.5 +33 off my boy Bill.

Ended up having to buy a new set of BLR mirrors since I had accidentally cracked my right one, backing up and slightly nicked a pillar.

Also picked up some JDM Zenki GE6 headlights. These will take some modifications to fit on our USDM cars, but looking to get these mounted in the future.

Picked up a Seibon (Spoon EG style) duckbill. I’ve been looking for one of these since I’ve bought my Fit. Spoon never made a duckbill wing for the GE hence why I had to go with Seibon.

Had the wing refinished. Clear coat on the top side was toast.

Finally had some time to get the wing mounted. They do not utilize the OEM mounting points so I had to drill out holes into the hatch.

Also removed that ugly rear bumper strip that the car came with. Definitely cleaned up the rear a bit. Looking to eventually do a rear wiper delete and getting the garnish shaved and color matched.

But here’s how it currently.

Current Mod List :

• SBC Camber Bolts
  • PRM Short Ram Intake
  • Apexi N1 Axleback
  • Resonator Delete
  • Volk Racing CE28N 17x7.5 +33
  • JDP Engineering Front Lip
  • Seibon Wing (Spoon EG Style)
  • JDM GE6 Base Model Taillights
3 Likes

You should kinda get one now!

Manuals are becoming harder to come across and Fit’s are now discontinued in America.

A bit of an update!

Not too much has been done to the car recently. Started doing some AutoX and changing wheels around.

Picked up a pair of Wedssport TC05’s in a 16x7J +33 off of YAJ. They’re pretty beat so they’ll be receiving a refinish soon.

Had a forsale post for brand new TE37 Sonic SL’s that I had purchased back in NOV2020 and finally received them in SEP. Unfortunately had a hard time getting them to sell so I just decided to keep em.

Also swapped back to JDM RS all clear taillights for the time being.

Current Mod List :

• SBC Camber Bolts
  • PRM Short Ram Intake
  • Apexi N1 Axleback
  • Resonator Delete
  • Volk Racing TE37 Sonic SL 16x7J +34
  • JDP Engineering Front Lip
  • Seibon Wing (Spoon EG Style)
  • JDM GE8 All clear taillights
5 Likes

Lemme know when ever you’re getting rid of some parts! Just got me 5spd GE8 and wanna get some stuff on it.

Nice build! Looks very clean!
I have 2013 Honda Fit sport and am looking at the TE37 Sonic SL 16x7 +34 or the TE38 Sonic 16x7 +35 diamond dark gunmetal. I plan to lower it on the Spoon Progressive 25MM or 1" with 205/50

Does the +34 offset rub? I was also looking at the Sonic SL +47 but it doesn’t look as good as the +34.

Thanks!

+34 will rub both front and rear. Slight pull up front and roll in the rear should solve that issue. All depends on ride height also and you may need some camber bolts.

1 Like

Hi there, I registered this site is all because of your ride. What is the pro and cons between the eBay STI lip and the JDP Engineering Front Lip? What is your opinion of each one? Which one do you recommend?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.