InsidiousDC2R's VSM ITR build thread

Looking clean. Loving it👍

1 Like

Really sick build, Laguna should be a blast.

1 Like

Quick little update.

Added a piece of carbon fiber to the empty area of the shifter console that I had cut for the shifter cables to work. Added a chasing J’s 6-speed plaque while I was at it.

4 Likes

She’s all set for Laguna Seca tomorrow

12 Likes

Sorry, just saw this… But, bummer to hear you sold it.

How’d the car do at Laguna?

Track day was a blast! First time running this track and with this car but managed a best lap time of 1:53. Unfortunately on the last session, got some engine knock and it seems the bottom end might be toast.

I have had this same K20A since 09 and it’s seen countless street races and track days, so it definitely held its own for 11 years. Hoping to come out faster next time around. Thinking a k24 bottom end if the head is still in good shape.

3 Likes

Sucks to hear about the k20a. But thats the life of a track car I’ve learned. Break it. Build it better

1 Like

A few shots from Saturdays event

14 Likes

Awesome build. Very detailed and specific. Love the car

1 Like

Disassembly begins! Time to prep for the K24 block.

The plan is to pull the swap out and send the head to get inspected and resurfaced. If all checks out, I will be replacing the supertech dual valve springs with a new set (I’ve had them since 2009 and seems like a good time to replace them).

Got a few things ordered for the motor build so I will update as they come in.

7 Likes

Had a few days off from work so took advantage and pulled the swap out. Hoping to tear the motor apart next week.

Got a couple of things in for the motor build. Supertech valve springs and OEM valve seals

8 Likes

Few more things in for the motor build.

AFHK K24/K20 Frank package

Also a couple of pieces from Drag Cartel

4 Likes

Got some work done on the old motor.

Stripped the long block of most components to prepare for head removal

Head is off and looks to be in good shape!

And a few more pieces to the puzzle

7 Likes

first off, amazing build. so much attention to detail in both form and function.

second, did you have the teal eg hatch from the og nwp that was in honda tuning back in the day?

3 Likes

Good lord. You don’t have to out do us all over here :1st_place_medal:

Great stuff and the refresh!

Appreciate it man! Yup, that’s one of my old builds. A buddy of mine still has that shell actually

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: appreciated brotha

thought i recognized the username. nice to know its still hanging aroud, that was an awesome build. definitely in for more on this one

1 Like

Some small updates…

Got the head back from the machine shop. It was supposed to be just a resurface but after they did a vacuum test they saw leaks coming from the exhaust valve guides and a small amount from the valve seats.

Went ahead and changed out the exhaust guides as well as got a 3 angle Valve job.

Swapped over the new supertech dual valve springs and the head is now ready!

Also had the K20R flywheel resurfaced.

6 Likes

Get it son!

Any updates?