My 1988 Honda CRX Journey

I removed the connector and ran the wires through the small hole on the side and connected them directly. It is always a gamble because if the motor goes bad you need to cut the wires again but that was the only way I could run it without wires visible.

2 Likes

Oh wow i never even noticed that. Are you saying extend the female plug on the motor or the plug on the harness side?

I just removed the plugs all together, first I wanted to keep them but there was no point in that because if the motor goes bad you would still have to cut it back off.

I extended the wires on the wiper motor, put them trough the small hole and then routed them inside the frame rail to the inside of the cabine. Mind you I made a hole to get all the wiring inside.

Top right where all the wires come out.

2 Likes

Ok i see what youre saying now. I want to keep the connector however. Maybe i can make the hole under the ac plug a smidge bigger because it just barely fits through but ill see when the time comes. Engine running is my priority at the moment thank you so much for the suggestion

1 Like

My boy beastek9 came clutch helping me with the fuel pump today. Dropped the tank and rinsed the tank out 37 times

Pulled fuel pump and ordered walbro 255 and other misc hoses on the fuel tank that need to be replaced.

Gross :face_vomiting:. Pulled the trailing arms on both cars and swapped those ugly ass drum brakes for those nice and “clean” disc brakes

STILL waiting on the knock sensor usps promised me a week ago. Also need to mock up a test pipe for the exhaust as im missing the second half of the plm rmf header

3 Likes

There you go…! Making motivational moves with 2 hours!

We have fire in all 4 holes! Next task is to get it on 4 wheels again. I recently bought the innovative pro series traction bar. The problem is the radius rod is dummy thicc and the fork for the suspension will not bolt to the lower control arm.

Some research on the hondatech forum said that skunk2 lca will work with this setup, hopefully. But i wanna thank my boy beastek9 for all the guidance throughout this project so far. Also a pic of some OG Racingharts

4 Likes

It’s coming along nicely…

1 Like

Completed the exhaust today. Looking forward to buttoning up the exterior. Tonight i worked on looming the driver side harness. Still needs to be optimized for best fit. Also have been looking around for upholstery so i can do the pan swap for the 91 seat with the hole in the headrest. I like that style of seat but im hoping its not a pain in the ass. No current pics but i got to give the car some vitamin c

3 Likes

Headlight harness is loomed and tucked under fenders, did a quick light check, right turn signal is out, I want to buy all brand new bulbs but I have to buy a distributor because I was borrowing my friends temporarily.

Upper rad hose started seeping as well, whats a good silicon hose manufacturer that bends the hoses according to model? I would love to have all silicon hoses for the heater as well as vacuum. Next task is to locate a nice spot for the battery. My two options are either under the passenger head light or under the fuse box. Rywire charge harness is not long enough to fit the battery in the back which was the original plan
Also have some OG stuff on the way I cant wait to show yall

3 Likes

Life got a hold of me so i havent made much progress since last post. To summarize, new pads and rotors installed replacing the front calipers with the 1991 crx si ones, maxpeeding rods coilovers were thrown in, havent gotten around to adjusting the ride height yet, however it is rather close to where i want it. My jdm crx seat came in, however the picture was just after opening so the foam was squished

Repaired the right triangle garnish using 3 old 10mm bolts, a dremel, and 60 min epoxy. Took 10 minutes which wasnt too difficult other than worrying about drilling too deep

By next post hopefully SSR ships my s300 i ordered a month ago as well as the aem cai and camber kit. This weekend has some shitty weather rolling in, was planning on replacing the windshield as well as “cleaning” the interior up a little bit. Dont wanna get ahead of myself because during painting they have to repair the rust hole in the spare wheel well. Have a good night yall!

2 Likes

I only bought one thing from SSR and they took forever to ship. Idk what’s up with that shop but other places ship things way faster for cheaper.

1 Like

Thats the thing ive never had a problem until now

Holy shit its been almost 2 months since my last post. Grinding my ass off for this pay raise at work so i havent done much

I got the sunroof working, redid the cabin harness, and got a new windshield in the car. I dont have a picture but i also have heater and air flow into the car, unfortunately i will not have the luxury of ac at the moment. Hopefully the future will hold great things

2 Likes

Interior half way complete. Still have to pull all the wrinkles out and find seat belt buckles

Headliner and door panel reupholstery is in the air at the moment.

Ordered a rack and pinion, lower ball joints, tie rod ends, and fuel sending unit. Also stripped the plastidip off the racingharts and uncovered a few blemishes. I probably wont do a full strip because they were used for a long time. Only had time today to do the rack and pinion. SSR still has not sent my front upper arms, ecu cover, and spark plug cover. Highly unlikely I will order from them ever again

3 Likes

All bushings and arms are replaced. Time for an alignment! Did another once over on the car and found the oil plug for vtec conversion is seeping and the master cylinder and booster are seeping as well. Also on the list is to weld the test pipe up and work on the bumpers, take off the rocker panels and door protection, and order a carbon fiber sunroof panel and getting the car ready for paint.
Looks raggedy as hell but i bet this turd will polish up nice

4 Likes

Couple weeks ago I bought new brake booster and master cylinder. Nothing special, just a run of the mill brand since the car will just be on the street. Not much work done today, only installed seat belt buckles and bumper

Also did an alignment on the car after work. The adjustments were so large I will have to do the alignment another day after the car “settles”. I took the car for a little spin and the clutch engagement point seems a little too low for my liking. It almost seems like the clutch is partially engaged. Also after I let off the gas pedal, the idle seems very high. After I pull the throttle plate on the throttle body back it returns to normal. Maybe I need another throttle body and/or cable? The brakes seem a little lazy, I feel like the pushrod needs to be adjusted in more. Any input will be much appreciated!

1 Like

Turning out great Dustin, CONTINUE the process

1 Like

Installed Skunk2 Alpha rad, had to move the drivers bracket over so I could mount the radiator nice and tight and also replaced my broken heater valve

A week after my repairs car had a no start issue, chased my tail for a couple hours as I always do, checked connectors and terminals were corroded :pinched_fingers: I assume it was from the heater valve since its right above the firewall passthrough I guess water alone doesn’t clean coolant residue. We learn something new everyday

Ryan from RyWire suggested to clean with baking soda and distilled water. Gonna let it sit and dry tonight and add a tiny bit of dielectric grease to the outside of the connector in the morning to hopefully keep the nasties out. Ended up replacing all 3 terminals. Didn’t quite turn out as clean as I wanted it. Barked right off. Now its off to paint!

3 Likes

wow. nice progress.
I’m curious how it looks after paint :sunglasses: :call_me_hand:

2 Likes