My 1988 Honda CRX Journey

Hello all im new to the forum and i want to share with you my journey from raggedy to street-worthy project.

I plan on throwing a B20B fitted with a vtec head and eventually running nitrous

Body will be painted factory R 63 red lowered on a set of function+form coilovers. I dont know what set of wheels i want to run so i will run stock 5 spoke crx wheels for now.

Also with body work, the lower fender garnishes and the rear glass “triangles” are missing clips to attach to the body. Any suggestions on securely attaching these pieces will be much appreciated

The interior needs a lot of work. I plan on keeping the plastic sides and painting the dashboard black to keep the SI style uniform throughout the car and hopefully reupholster the door cards.

That will conclude my plans on my project. I will post more pictures as time goes on. Thank you for reading and I hope to be on the road soon!

4 Likes

Going good! Remember to focus on building a car that suits the needs!

1 Like

Threw a wire wheel on the trans and got it primed and painted

3 Likes

Good luck on finding new Oem parts, if you’re looking. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Got a chance to work on the old girl today. I was gonna throw the motor and trans in the car but the spring for the throwout bearing broke so instead i turned my attention to the interior and b16 head fresh from the machine shop. I painted the dashboard black, cleaned up the center vent and clock, and ran the harness wires to their correct location. Next plan is to install the engine and trans once i get the spring.

3 Likes

Happy 2021 everyone! Made more progress on the rex.



Golden eagle block finally came in so i got the chance to put the head on. Still waiting on golden eagle cam seal as well as the seals on the cam gear. I tried holding the cams to take the seals near the gear but it spun in my hand and sliced it all up. Torqued the head to spec.

While i had the dash out, i decided to paint it black. I ran the interior wires a little better to tidy it up. I found an oem ac bypass because fuck finding ac components :man_shrugging:t2: Also found some camper insulation that worked somewhat ok for the “gasket” for the air ducts. Bolted the dash back together. It wasnt much done but progress is better than no progress

4 Likes

That’s right, better some progress then nothing at all. Hope I can get some stuff done this saterday too.

I used some adhesive backed foam for the ducting in the dash. Found it at local home improvement store, normally this is for doors and windows but works great.


2 Likes

Looks a lot better than mine :joy: i had to cut mine in half length wise for it to fit. Looks clean though

Had a little snag with a timing belt issue. But did the timing and got the tranny on. Also did a little miscellaneous cleaning of the shop so i can throw my tools a little further

2 Likes

Nice progress! I’ve owned 3 of the 4 ef chassis before I got my ek; beater/death trap 88 crx with a b16 swap being my first car at 16 lol. I have a ek now with a roller rocker 86x95 b series I’m just finishing up. I had kinsler put ports in for nitrous when I ordered my itbs so I’m excited to see your results, I’m still 50/50 on squeezing lol nice to see more guys doing motor work on here.

1 Like

In the future i want to run bigger cams eventually but for now just bone stock b20v

1 Like

The eagle has landed!

4 Likes

Looks good! That is such a good feeling!

1 Like