Why cars? Why Hondas?

What was it that got you into cars, more so, Hondas. Where did it all start?

For me, My dad was a car guy for a long time. We had a 64 Impala when I was very young, and my brother has been an automotive painter for 35 years. So I was around cars from a young age. It was pretty much in my blood.

My mom bought a new Accord in 93, and they had a Del Sol in the show room. I thought that was the coolest car at the time. My first car was a 1990 CRX, in 1997. It pretty much rolled from there, and I’ve had a number of other Hondas since. I bought one VW in the early 2000’s, which was a mistake. Bought an EP, after the VW caught on fire while on the highway.

3 Likes

Always liked cars but started in early 2000 playing Gran Turismo 2 my freshman year of high school. I was conceived in a 1985 Corolla Coupe and didn’t know the hype behind that car until that video game as well. I kept buying these Civic Hatchbacks and throwing the same white and bronze wheels from a company called “Rays Eng”. From there my love for Honda began. By the time my Junior year came around in 2002 I heavily was watching WRC/BMI videos and fell in love with the motorsports portion of the industry.

2004 I purchased my first Honda, a 1997 Accord sedan LX 5speed. Have always been hit and miss with my influx of Honda cars but always enjoyed their products.

My parents where never into vehicles but just point A to B drivers. They never understood my “obsessive hobby” but always figured was better than being a drughead.

1 Like

I was always into cars since a kid but until about two years ago I started searching up good building platforms and integras and civics caught my attention the most. Their versatility is insane and I couldn’t be more happy knowing what game I got in.

1 Like

Grew up like many other kids playing with hotwheels. I got need for speed underground as a christmas gift and I was hooked on customizing cars.

As far as what got me into Honda’s. I was 15 on a family vacation to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and I saw two identical silver ek coupe’s drive by our car. At the time i had no clue what they were aside from being civic’s and I wanted one. In the midst of researching these cars my cousin told me his neighbor had a pretty cool civic hatchback I had to check out. Sure enough it was an eg hatch and I was in love with that body style. Over the next few months I searched craigslist for 92-95 civic hatchbacks and finally settled for a 93 si.

2 Likes

It all started for me as a kid riding the bus to school in 3rd or 4th grade when a classmate had a copy of low rider magazine because of the girls on the cover initially, but that’s when it started aside from the stereotypical super/poster cars from book fairs… Girls/Custom cars.
After a few years of interest in general, reading about cars and happening upon car shows in mall parking lots, flipping through magazines at book stores, it was time to start deciding what I wanted. It became easier after owning a go cart and modifying that with lights/a horn, and some slight engine work and working all summer cutting grass as a 13-14-15 year old, what I would be able to afford and something I could modify started to narrow my focus and in 2002-3-4 Honda’s caught my attention. They were available, relatively affordable, had/still have beautiful lines-aesthetic, and the attraction to them led me to an enormous community from all over the world that made my small corner of it feel not so small. My family not being mechanically minded I was on my own and it was uniquely an interest and passion I’ve made (I’m sure) life long friends through and from. For half my life it’s been a passion and a goal to build my dream and even though it’s taken the amount of time that it has I wouldn’t do it any differently or with any other car.

1 Like

For me it was a no brainer. My entire family on mother and father’s side drove in honda’s. Growing up I always was in a honda.

And after I got my license I took over my dad’s civic MB3 (5 door euro model) but there where no real aftermarket parts for it so I started modifying fiberglass bumpers to fit. As I grew older I started to learn more about the Japanese domestic market and my interest went more to the OEM+ and JDM parts so I bought my first EG hatch and it went downhill from that point on :joy::joy: now I have 2 EG hatch, a EF hatch, a RHD sportcross as a daily and over 20 sets of wheels.

1 Like