BB6 Cross Country Acquisition - Build Journal

Well not much to say but work has been accomplished.

Engine pulled and touch up has began on block

Removed dash assembly to complete AC and Heater delete.

Upon inspection went ahead with removal of dash bar/brace and performed touch up work

All buttoned up for the day and garage “sorted”

4 Likes

End of Weekend One

More cleanup of bay done

Interior 90% assembled

Battery relocation mount, circuit breaker, and power line ran

Installed King Motorsports exhaust and intake manifold studs, BBAlliance PS Delete plate, and some @downstar hardware

3 Likes

Intake Manifold and Throttle Body installed

4 Likes

Also placed a small order for the following :

FatFourCustoms A/C Firewall Plug
Downstar hardware for throttle body and throttle cable
OEM MAP/FIAC/TPS Gaskets, to transfer them over to the new parts

Trying to button up each part COMPLETLEY and not have to go backwards

3 Likes

Fast idle valve. There’s something I truly don’t miss. Just reading that gave me flashbacks of constant idle surge🙃. Im surpised skunk2 retains that.

1 Like

Sprayed the Brake Booster and Subframe support brace.

4 Likes

Installed Radium M14 to -6 Hard Line adapter fitting, AEM Fuel Rail, InjectorShop O-Ring Kit (highly highly recommend), and Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Gauge

3 Likes

Want to spray my subframe next? Its only a short drive

Taking longer than planned due to brother in law being an hour away with car at his place.

Doing some more prep on the bay to finish, but during this winter storm and in-climate weather can’t paint properly.

Still have a good amount of stuff to order as well, but rather “perfect” what I can before I get it back on the road.

1 Like

I know what that’s like, my car is about half an hour away at my buddy’s place if traffic is light so it’s not easy to really keep the progress going all the time.

And yeah, don’t rush. Specially with paint because you will regret it.

Had a good friend come correct the timing and balance shaft belts, new crank pulley and bolt installed, got alternator mounted with a/c delete belt, new cap and rotor, and installed water pipe with o-rings

3 Likes

Long delay but much progress.

Switched jobs back into the auto industry so less phone time.

Engine is all together just waiting to install NEW valve cover until motor is in to prevent damage.

Bay is fully prepped for touchup work. Hybrid Shift Cables arrived and ready to route in as well.

So close i can smell the leaking oil.

Also ordered a Planted Tech seat bracket for driver side, now to decide on seat selection for my bum.

3 Likes

Is it truly project car if it doesn’t leak oil?

1 Like

Bay is fully sprayed with DupliColor Milano Red and 2K Clear Aerosol. Not bad at all, yet not perfect.

5 Likes

Came out great man :+1:

1 Like

Got my HybridRacing RSX cables routed and pushed through the cabin.

Placed order for all new Honda motor mount bolts today.

1 Like

Want to mount my shifter box and cables next? I’m being lazy

1 Like

Hahaha lets boogie. Name the date

Oooo also got the new KStuned swivel water neck. That piece is freaking work of art!!!

Be here Friday or Thursday :upside_down_face:

1 Like

KStuned water neck installed

3 Likes