Mvrcos626 FA5 to FD2 Conversion Build!

I fuck with that trunk. Looks good!

1 Like

Well had a busy weekend! Installed the majority of the front end was definitely a learning experience! Got to install the J’s racing fenders, OEM FD2 headlights and the OEM FD2 front bumper! Almost there guys!

1 Like

Mocked the Backyard Special Lip (lip will be sprayed same as body) and Mugen front grille, now just searching for a good body shop for paint! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood installed, will need to adjust a bit

4 Likes

Quick little update the car is finally in a body shop to get painted! Super excited to see the outcome, I will be purchasing tires for the SSR’s soon as well just a while longer!

4 Likes

Some meat for the wheels

2 Likes

Almost ready for paint!

4 Likes

Small update while waiting for the car… felt like ceramic coating the wheels before mounting the tires

2 Likes

Sorry for the lack of content guys the car is still getting body work done and the painter took a vacation so maybe another 2-3 weeks… patience is key now but here is a pic of my daily driver 2009 V6 Accord that I just finished detailing… ignore the foggy lights and chrome grill I will be replacing those soon :slight_smile: owned it for a couple years now and honestly the best daily driver I have ever had. So smooth, great on gas and enough power for road trips currently at 93k almost to the100k mark!

5 Likes

Update! After a month of waiting the car is finally fresh out the booth, dropped by before work to check it out and pictures do not do the car any justice! Our town was hit by a hailstorm so the shop is a bit backed up with vehicles but should have parts installed, but for sure next week I will have the car back! I am anxious to have the car back. :grimacing:

6 Likes

And there she is! After 2 months finally have my car back she’s looking pretty good! Still have the side skirts and wheels to install!

9 Likes

255/40 tires fit perfect in the front still need to install the fender liners so it may rub… the rear is a different story… the bracket where the rear bumper screws to the quarter panel ate some of the rear tire… anyone have any tips on what I can do? Some forums stated adding camber. Rear fenders are rolled.

3 Likes

Looks great man, no idea for the rear. Camber might help but we don’t have that model civic here so not sure.

2 Likes

I went a bit over board on the thickness of tires ha. But I want to make these fit without damaging it. May have to just raise the back and hopefully look for over fenders later on.

3 Likes

Slight update got 245/40 for the rear and only rubs on hard dips found out I have to trim a bumper tab for the rear other than that car runs great! Hooks up pretty good! Waiting on SSR caps for the wheels…

Still need to install the skirts, side markers and visors slowly but surely! Honestly I’m just being lazy :joy:

3 Likes

Looks great with the tire setup. Sorry to hear about the rub situation. Let us know if you get it sorted out.

Did you notice any changes in accel or overall shock absorption with a thicker tire?

The car is a bit bouncier but I will be doing a suspension overhaul soon with braces new coilovers, control arms, brakes trying to get the car ready for power in the future!

1 Like

Not much progress due to me moving into a new place but replaced the window tape trim, sidemarkers( still need to wire those) new oem Honda access visors and SSR wheel caps! Getting her ready for her first show in 2 weeks! Still need to add on the side skirts will take more pics soon! If you don’t already follow me on Instagram! @ mvrcos626

1 Like

Finally installed side skirts. I put the car in storage for winter, for now I am done with exterior mods I really want to focus on performance and handling mods and suspension overhaul! BBK as well! Any of my fellow friends on here know of good set of suspension components, coil-overs, camber arms and plates, sway-bars and braces? (possible roll cages for 8th gen)? The car is mostly a weekend cruiser but I do want to track it some day!
She’s come a long way and I am happy with her at the moment but as we all know a project car is never done! :triumph:

3 Likes

Bumping for a really cool FA5 to motivate some FD2 conversion guys! :grinning: :call_me_hand: