Mikey's Red GSR Build Thread

Man… It’s been so long since I’ve had a build thread I don’t even know where to begin with this one. A little background on my GSR. It’s been in my family since 1997, this was my dad’s first car purchase on his own when he was 20 years old. My dad, grandpa, uncle and I usually worked on this car together and back in July of 2019 someone side swiped my car parked at work and drove off. Not much damage was done another than repairs on the door, fender and a broken spoon mirror. At the time I was working for an auto body shop and I decided to strip the car completely and do a complete refresh. So, that’s where we will begin. I’ll show you guys my previous car(s) and current then begin the GSR in it’s current state!

The GSR and I in 1997
600667_567240079967344_1510602258_n

The GSR before teardown

My old Spoon Themed 98 ITR on 16" SW388

My old Spoon Themed 98 ITR on 15" SW388

My old E46 M3 on NT03 and the worst car I ever owned LOL

My old 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack

My new and current 2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody, sickest yet scariest car I’ve ever been in LOL, this is a huge reason I don’t care much for my GSR anymore

My GSR in it’s current form as of today (11/17/2020)

The car made it back to the shop about a month ago, the new roof is on, body work is nearing completion and hopefully it’s painted in the next 2-4 weeks and home before the new year for assembly. I’m pretty sure I have everything needed to have the car complete and running, I need to send some stuff off to powder coating! I’ll definitely be posting consistent updates once the car is back in my garage.

19 Likes

Update - 12/6/2020

Small progress is better than no progress!

2 Likes

Update - 12/24/2020

COVID test came back as negative so you already know I had to go take a looksy at my RedGSR. Interior & Bay are done! The color code is PR3 which is the same color as my Hellcat. Exterior will be painted next month and the car should be in my garage by end of January! :heart_eyes:

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all my friends & family! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Update - 12/28/2020

Got some things done this weekend…

Can’t install the motor because my K Swap passenger side bracket isn’t painted yet. Don’t worry about the subframe, it’s clean but just has dust on it.

5 Likes

Damn nice work! Keep going!

1 Like

Already looking great, I remember your 2 white ones from the old forum. Can’t wait to see this one progress.

1 Like

Looking good Bitanga! Keep it up!

I’m excited for this content :grimacing::+1:

1 Like

Update - 1/11/2021

7 Likes

Keep it up Mikey! Loving it

2 Likes

Update - 1/12/2021

She’s home… It begins!

6 Likes

That’s when the fun part starts

1 Like

Update - 1/25/2021

Brought some body panels home from the shop today!

Also picked up a Voltex Wing earlier this week.

9 Likes

DUDE!! looks so good man
keep up the work love to see the updates

2 Likes

Update - 1/27/2021

Parts came back from powder and I went to town!

10 Likes

So good! Keep it up!

1 Like

Done.

14 Likes

Lordy. That looks incredible. Love the car

2 Likes

Damn that was fast! Looks good!

2 Likes

Well that was a fast build thread! Haha

Car looks incredible

2 Likes